At The Simpler Group we approach each project as an opportunity to inform and educate our clients. If you are planning on starting a website project, there are several things you can do to have a nearly bullet proof web design and development project. Every project has some road blocks, knowing what those potential road blocks could be and how to avoid them can help make sure your project is completed on time, within budget and to the highest standards.
Bumps in the road that your web company CAN NOT control:
These things can make it difficult to launch a website on time and under budget.
- Domain name registrars who sometimes do not release control of the domain, also causing problems with email addresses.
- Hosting companies that do not inform you before they take your old website down. Only after your site has been removed would you be informed, this causes loss of access to previous web site files and content.
- Previous web developer withholding content, photos, database, or general site knowledge. Making the transition to a new designer difficult.
- Not having content written and submitted to the developer by the date agreed upon
Things to keep in mind:
- Even with a fixed cost website, prices can still change. If you decide you want additional features or functionality, this can impact cost.
- Web design costs are dependent on how many hours are spent working on a design and how many rounds of changes must be made.
- Web developers often work on several projects at one time, so while their priorities should be in giving each client special attention, flexibility is required of the client as well, if the client fails to meet a content deadline, more time will need to be allocated to meet the deadline.
- Adding new content after the date set for the client to supply content will have an impact on launch commitments and costs.
- Hosting and domain registration fees are recurring annul charges, charged by a hosting company.
- ‘Milestone’ dates for the project are important for both the client and the developers to agree upon and meet on time
Now that you’re aware of some of the things that can impede the process of good web design, you can avoid these mistakes in the future. For a FREE consultation visit us at https://www.thesimplergroup.com/schedule-a-free-consultation/ and schedule it today!